Company Procedure Number: CP15
Revision History. 0.0
Last Updated: 13/07/2018
1. Who are We?
Moorfield Nanotechnology Limited (‘Moorfield’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) gather and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Moorfield’s registered office is at; 112-114 Witton Street, Northwich, Cheshire, and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 3044718.
Our designated Data Protection Officer/Appointed Person for the organisation is J Edgeworth, and he can be contacted at Moorfield Nanotechnology Limited, Unit 1 Wolfe Close, Parkgate Industrial Estate, Knutsford, Cheshire, WA16 8XJ.
2. Information That We Collect.
Moorfield Nanotechnology processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we collect from is:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Work Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Skype Address
- National Insurance Number
- NHS Number
- Passport Number
- Driver’s License Number
We collect information in the below ways:
- online forms,
- information presented for quotes,
- employment CV’s.
3. How we Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Moorfield Nanotechnology takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclosure, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data in the performance of a contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes.
- When someone visits moorfield.co.ukor www.cleanenvironments.co.ukor www.moorfieldvacuumcomponents.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
- We use a third-party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our quarterly e-newsletters and promotional emails. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
- We use a third-party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
Data held in respect to Moorfield Nanotechnology current and former employees and Job applicants.
Moorfield Nanotechnology is the data controller for the information you provide during the recruitment process unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV and any additional information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
We use a third party recruitment website; Indeed.co.uk.
Here is a link to their Privacy Notice.
We ask you for your CV including your personal details such as name and contact details. We will also ask you about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for. Our recruitment team will have access to all of this information.
We might ask you to participate in assessment days; complete tests or occupational personality profile questionnaires; and/or to attend an interview – or a combination of these. Information will be generated by you and by us. For example, you might complete a written test or we might take interview notes. This information is held by Moorfield Nanotechnology.
If we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
You will therefore be required to provide:
- Proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- Proof of your qualifications – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- You will be asked to complete a criminal records declaration to declare any unspent convictions.
- We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references
- We will also ask you to complete a questionnaire about your health. This is to establish your fitness to work.
We hold the following information securely;
- Bank details – to process salary payments
- Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
- Membership of a Civil Service Pension scheme – so we can send you a questionnaire to determine whether you are eligible to re-join your previous scheme.
- Post start date
4. Your Rights.
You have the right to access any personal information that Moorfield Nanotechnology processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you.
- The purposes of the processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed.
- How long we intend to store your personal data for.
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible;
unless there is a valid reason for not doing so at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request deletion of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
5. Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information.
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Moorfield Nanotechnology uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
We occasionally ship to customers directly from our key suppliers for example; Edwards and GBR. The only information we provide them with is your name, address and order details to meet business requirements. For more information about these companies, please read their Privacy Notices.
We use a series of courier companies who deliver your goods on our behalf for example; Royal Mail, Pallett Line, Parcel Force, FedEx etc. The only information we provide them with is your name, address and order details to meet business requirements. For more information about these companies, please read their Privacy Notices.
We use a series of shipping companies who deliver your goods on our behalf for example; Davis Turner Air freight, Kuehne and Nagel etc. For more information about these companies, please read their Privacy Notices.
We use Burton Bevan Accountants to do our payroll on our behalf. For more information, please read their Privacy Notice.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
6. Safeguarding Measure.
Moorfield Nanotechnology takes your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: SSL, encryptions, pseudonymisation, practices, restriction, IT, authentication etc
7. How Long We Keep Your Data.
Moorfield Nanotechnology only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
We will keep information about our customers (name, address, contact details) for a maximum of 20 years or the stated life time of the product, in order to maintain technical support.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
8. Promotions & Offers
Occasionally Moorfield Nanotechnology would like to contact you with details of the offers, services, competitions, newsletter and promotions that we provide. If you consent to us using your contact details for these purposes, you have the right to modify or withdraw your consent at any time by using the opt-out options within the emails or by contacting Moorfield Nanotechnology directly.
9. Lodging A Complaint.
Moorfield Nanotechnology only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Moorfield Nanotechnology Limited
Dr. J Edgeworth
Unit 1 Wolfe Close
Parkgate Industrial Estate
+44 (0)1565 722609
10. Further information and deletion requests
For any further information, or to request that your data is deleted, please contact us using the below information.
Moorfield Nanotechnology Limited
Dr. J Edgeworth
Unit 1 Wolfe Close
Parkgate Industrial Estate
+44 (0)1565 722609